WORKER’S COMPENSATION INJURY PROCEDURES
- ALL work-related injuries or illnesses REQUIRE the completion of the Employee Injury Report form. If the injury derives from exposure to a bloodborne pathogen, please complete the “Occupational Exposure to Bloodborne Pathogen incident form”. These forms must be faxed to Human Resources (248-451-6889) before the district can authorize treatment.
- The administrator in charge must complete the Supervisor Report of Accident form within 3 working days and forward to Human Resources.
- If medical attention is required, employees must go to Concentra Medical Center located at 1915 N Perry St, Pontiac, MI 48340. For injuries occurring after 9 pm, please visit the ER at McLaren Hospital located on Perry Street in downtown Pontiac.
Concentra is open from Mon-Fri 7 am to 9 pm and on Saturday from 9 am to 1 pm. If you choose to seek medical treatment it should be done within seven days of the injury. Human Resources must be notified and will send the authorization form.
- All work status forms must be return to the Human Resources Department. You can either drop the forms off at the front desk or fax them to Human Resources at 248-451-6889.
- If an employee is placed on restricted duty by the Concentra physician and is unable to perform his/her own job, Human Resources will attempt to place them in a restricted duty position until they are able to return to their regular duty work. Please contact Michael Emerson, 248-451-6809 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unable to work in your regular position due to a work related injury.
- If a teacher is unable to perform his/her duties to a work place injury, please enter the absence as Worker’s Comp in AESOP. If you are unable to access that code, please enter the absence as Personal Illness and contact Tiffany Colon, 248-451-6865 or email@example.com to correctly code the absence.
- If you have further questions, please contact Michael Emerson in Employee Benefits at 248-451-6809 or firstname.lastname@example.org